Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 24- Caterpillar Lunch....

I got the idea for this little guy off of parenting.com, (actually before I started even making these lunches, this was one of the first places I found ideas for "cute lunches")  butI  just hadn't yet gotten the "time" to try him out. Now that I've gotten the hang of it though, I've tried my own version which required a lot less forethought and more importantly work, but he still looks cute! The original is made with mashed potato (which Peanut "will not" eat-her words not mine) and scrambled eggs with spinach from Parenting.com (http://www.parenting.com/gallery/how-to-make-a-caterpillar-bento-lunch-box). Ours was made half as small for a kindy appetite with an edamame snack, plain old scrambled eggs, and mozzarella cheese and watermelon slices addes to boost up the celery legs (to keep them from "running" around" the box during home to school transport).

No comments:

Post a Comment