Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 7- Scrapbook Lunch/ Spaghettios

I used to scrap book. Frequently, at least until I got pregnant with our second, and started working 50-70 hours a week. This is how I do it now. And this is how I use all that scrap book paper (for picture backgrounds). Peanut helps me with her "lunch ideas" and we now mix Kindy homework requirements (like writing her name) with lunches. Actually she does most of the work after I get the sharp knife work and stove work over with. This lunch was made with whole wheat spaghettios (easy but make me still feel like I am giving her a healthy lunch option) which we put in her "Toy Story" lunch thermos with a letter Z cheese topping shaped with a cookie cutter ( She has to search for and find the shapes and letters we use for every lunch out of a huge basket). Sides were baby carrots shaped as a Z, black olives (an old standby in our house (purchased at Costco and kept in Tupperware ongoing) and apples with craisins and cinnamon. I have found two ways to keep the apples (avacados, pears etc.) from browning (1) soak quickly in salt water mix; 2) soak in lemonade Crystal Lite). Use which ever one makes you feel better about the endeavor!:) Since Peanut like apples "soooo much", I continued the theme for snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment