Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 27- Monkey See/ Monkey Eat

This might be more aptly called the "trained monkey" bento. My colleagues and I were joking several weeks ago about the possibility of "politically bent" bentos (still an idea). Starting with the idea of sending a "donkey" bento with the name "jack" spelled out in cheese to certain members of certain departments as a "welcome lunch". I made this lunch for the peanut with no pun intended (at the time) after our nightly talking time she told me she wanted a "monkey bento" next (she helps plan these as well as make them). Since I am not exactly up to my usual game quite yet since last week's news, this box was made well after Peanut was in bed for the night ... Sandwich is sunflower (peanut free) butter, honey and banana slices, with banana tail, grape tomatos and celery stick jungle, with a pear/apple/pretzel tree for snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment